Work at Home Jobs: What You Need to KnowWorking at home jobs interest many people. There are several advantages when you work from home. But there are also a few disadvantages when you decide to work from home.
It all sounds very nice, working for yourself instead of working for a boss, but there are a few things that you have to ask yourself before you get started.
The Good Side of Working From HomeLet’s start with the pro’s of working from home.
- As you can make your own times, there’s no need to get up early.
- This also mean that you can sleep a bit longer, and you can even work in your underwear if you want, as long as you don’t get visitors or customers.
- You don’t have to get into rush hour, in fact you might not need a car at all!
- At least you will save on your fuel bill. The time you save from not having to go to and back from your work, can be used to work.
- As you are at home, you have more time for the family and the kids.
- You can work in comfortable clothes, no need to wear a formal suit.
- With several jobs, like affiliate marketing, you don’t have to deal with customers.
- You can make more money than with a regular job. If you want to make more money, it’s either working more or working smarter to becoming financially independent.
- Make your own hours. You can take a break whenever you feel like it.
- If you run a website, you can make money even if you don’t work because your website is always online.
- Save on office costs; you don’t need an office, just an extra room to do you work will be good enough.
- Save on taxes; as you work from home your taxes can be lowered because your house is your office.
- One of the best things is that you can work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection.
The Downside of Working From HomeNow let’s have a look at the con’s from working at home.
- As you don’t have to start on a certain time, you might start late and become less productive.
- It is easier to get distracted and do something else at home, for instance fixing a leaking tap.
- Less social contacts. You don’t see colleagues and this might make you less productive, although it can also make you more productive because at home there is less distraction.
- If you get sick you probably won’t get paid, unless you have websites that still bring in money.
Watch Out For ScamsWhen you’re looking for a legitimate home based business, you have to watch out for all the scams online. Many people will tell you how easy it is to make money from home and earn 1000’s of dollars every week with just a little bit of work. These people are just after your money and definitely won’t help you. You might make a few 100 dollars but not enough to quit your day job.
I became an scam victim too, waisting good money and I want to prevent you from having these same problems. If you don’t know what program to look for, there’s a big chance you end up with a scam product. You can read more about internet scams on my page about internet scams.